Grateful Dead Live at Five Seasons Center on 1984-07-04
- Grateful Dead
- DeadLists Project
Feel Like A Stranger, Friend Of The Devil, CC Rider, Cumberland Blues-> Beat It On Down The Line, Row Jimmy, Hell In A Bucket-> Don't Ease Me In
Help On The Way-> Slipknot!-> Franklin's Tower-> Far From Me-> Estimated Prophet-> He's Gone-> Drums-> Truckin'-> Wharf Rat-> Around & Around-> Good Lovin', E: U.S. Blues
Related Music (Beta) question-dark
Versions - Different performances of the song by the same artist
Compilations - Other albums which feature this performance of the song
Covers - Performances of a song with the same name by different artists
|Feel Like A Stranger|
|Friend Of The Devil ->|
|Cumberland Blues ->|
|Beat It On Down The Line|
|Hell In A Bucket ->|
|Don't Ease Me In|
|Help On The Way ->|
|Franklin's Tower ->|
|Far From Me ->|
|Estimated Prophet ->|
|He's Gone ->|
|Wharf Rat ->|
|Around & Around ->|
- source #14194 (Sennheiser 421> MAC)
- s1t05; 3:20 - end
- s1t06; start - 0:06
- s2t07; 7:09 - 7:46
- s2t12; 3:37 - end
- s2t13; start - 0:08
- tape pauses cross faded
- pitch corrected
- Happiness is a drummers choice
- Bob dedicates the second set to the memory of Paul.
- Phil dedicates "He's Gone" to Paul, "a Rainbow Bud".
- behold the Slipknot!(!)
- This file set is 16 bit, 24 bit to 16 bit with MusicConverter using sox-14-4-2
- 2018-02-28 22:58:53
- Cassette Master (Nakamichi DR-1) -> Tascam DA-3000 (DSF 1-bit/5.8 MHz) -> KORG AudioGate 4 -> Samplitude Professional v11.2.1 -> FLAC 24/96; Edited & Mastered with Audacity by Joe Noel: Flac 24/96; Checksum & tags created in xACT; 24 bit to 16 bit with MusicConverter using sox-14-4-2
- Cedar Rapids, IA
- Run time
- Robert Bryant recording (patched out of Oade Bros) Schoeps CMC4/MK41 -> Oade M118 -> Cassette Master (Sony WM-D6C/Dennon DXM-90) (FOB); Charlie Miller DSD
- Transferred by
- Charlie Miller and Joe Noel
- Five Seasons Center
Subject: Nice audience upgrade ! or something different!
I think the 1st set is very strong starting off by Bobby saying " We're gonna start with a drummer's choice " Feel Like A Stranger ! And perhaps , the best solo I've heard from Brent on Friend of the Devil. A nice midwestern nod to Cumberland Blues and even Hell in a Bucket has a rocking set end slot.
The second is really amazing, it's a solid performance with a Pre Drums powerhouse Help > Slip > Franklin's and He's Gone has a nice outro jam and then the cool way to hear "Space > Trucking ! Round it out with a Rascal's Good Lovin, and then top it off with the US Blues encore ! Wow!
I like this source, it would be cool to hear the master PCM; however, this analog master may be better as PCM is 14 bit resolution which can be a little grainy sometimes. I haven't listened to see if the He's Gone Jam is cut but it probably is ... It's evident that the Oade's had good position with a wide stereo field and the mic's seem to be above the audience to limit crowd noise. I don't download a lot of audience shows but don't overlook this one if you really like this show!
Uploaded by Matthew Vernon on